The Company program is perfect for the dancer ages 7&up who is passionate about and committed to growth in their dance training. Commitment level for this program is moderate-high and will include some Saturday rehearsals and technique classes. Company will be focused primarily on training in the studio with faculty and guest teachers, as well as conventions, competitions & community performances throughout the year. Company must be available for training starting in August.
· Age 7 & Up
· Registered for fall program at The Dance Project
· Photoshoot with Little Fish Photography
· Company Retreat
· Master Classes (Heatwave)
· Guest teachers (TBD)
· In-house convention (Pacific Dance Project)
· Travel Convention/Competition (Dance League)
· Competition (Masquerade)
· Disney performance (optional and requires audition for acceptance)
· Spring Community Performances (tentative: Bayou Bash/Kids Fest)
· Discounted private lessons ($30/hour) with Ms Tara (50% discount)
· 20% off of Dance Project apparel
· Selected company members should make this program a priority above all other extra-curricular activities
· Exclusive dance training and enrollment at The Dance Project
· Fall Enrollment in Jazz, Ballet, Progressions/Technique and Company Technique, and 30 minute Weekly Rehearsal for each dance.
· Extra Saturday rehearsals when necessary
· Participation in Color Run
· Compliance to Company attendance policies
· Strict adherence to studio dress code and policies
· Uphold The Dance Project’s standards of etiquette and behavior
· 2.5 grade average
· Monthly Tuition for a minimum of four classes (18 hours/mth) $148/mth
· Rehearsal fee for weekend rehearsals (when called) $5/rehearsal
· Heatwave Workshop (August 17) due day of event $70
· Pacific Dance Project (September 28-29) due mth ahead $200
· Dance League Conv/Comp (Laf- Jan 31-Feb 2) due mth ahead $285+$50
· Masquerade Competition (BR- March 13-15) due mth ahead $50/number
· Disney Performance (more details at disneyyouth.com) $189-up
· Company Costume (due TBD) $55/each
· Company warm-up (due by Sept. 5th) $100 est
· Capezio jazz shoe (by first performance) $40/pr @DP
· Capezio performance tights (by first performance) $15/pr @DP
· Required audition workshop: August 5th- ages 7-11; August 6th- ages 12&up @6:00 both days
· Audition for a panel of judges ($20 judges fee)
· Audition: Wednesday, August 7th at 5:30pm for ALL dancers
· Short interview included in audition
· All dancers are expected to attend their regularly scheduled classes and be dressed in studio-approved attire in all classes. No more than five company class absences will be allowed. Any company member with poor attendance in classes may be dismissed from the program at any time during the season.
The merit/demerit system is designed as an accountability system, not as a punishment system. A company member will receive a demerit when he/she fails to satisfactorily complete his/her responsibilities. The demerit cycle spans from auditions up to and including recital day. A company member will be suspended for one week when he/she receives his/her sixth demerit, and again for one week at every subsequent demerit during the demerit cycle. The suspension must be served beginning the day following a parent conference. Ten demerits received during a demerit cycle will result in removal from the company.
A company member has the opportunity to earn merits in order to offset demerits that have been assigned due to an infraction of the guidelines as stated in the contract and demerit/merit policy. Five merits will erase one demerit. Members may also “bank” merits ahead of time. Merit forms are available through team/company directors. Upon completion of an approved merit activity, the merit form must be completed by the team/company member and signed by the adult supervising the activity. Merit forms must be turned in to erase a demerit that has been earned.
Auditioners will be taught technique combinations, jazz progressions and choreography portion in either jazz or contemporary in a group class setting. Auditioners may be seen in smaller groups throughout the audition process. Our panel of judges will be selected from outside our regular faculty and are highly trained professionals in our industry whose opinions and expertise we value highly.
Auditioners should arrive in appropriate ballet attire (black leotard, pink tights, ballet shoes, hair in secure, neat bun) for the ballet portion of the audition. No hot shorts allowed. After ballet portion, auditioners should add black leggings and jazz shoes for the remainder of the audition.
Tentative Schedule of Events:
August: Rehearsal Tuesday & Thursday 5-7
Heatwave Workshop Saturday the 17th
Company Retreat Friday- Sunday 23rd-25th
Photoshoot at Little Fish Saturday the 31st
September: Pacific Dance Project- Satuday 28th
November: Color Run- tentative November 2nd
January: Dance League
February: Dance League
Disney Performance (date TBD)
March/April: Kids Fest