The Dance Project Team is a musical theatre-based performance team created to provide young artists ages 7-18 the opportunity to train and hone their skills in dance, acting and singing. The Team will perform throughout the year in various venues in the area and be recognized in the community as representatives of The Dance Project.
· Students will be required to audition for membership onto the Team.
· Auditioners should be, at least, 7 years of age by October 31st, 2017.
· Team members should make this program a priority above all other extracurriculars.
· Selected Team members will be required to register for our Broadway Boot Camp in July.
· Selected Team members are required exclusive enrollment in the studio program at The Dance Project.
· Members must register for conditioning and either jazz or ballet in the fall.
· Compliance to Team attendance policies.
· Strict adherence to studio dress code and policies.
· Uphold The Dance Project’s standards of etiquette and behavior.
· 2.5 grade average.
· Attendance to select in-house master classes.
· Attendance to 1 dance convention is required.
50% off private lessons, discounted master classes, discounted apparel
2-PART AUDITION PROCESS:
1. Musical Theatre Audition Workshop (optional)- Thursday, June 29th1:30pm-3:30pm $25 ($20 for multiple students)
Auditioners will be taught the standard “dos and don’ts” of successful musical theatre auditioning for any company or show. Personal coaching will be offered on audition songs and a portion of the audition dance combination will be taught.
2. Solo Vocal and Group Dance Auditions- June 30 5:00pm
$20 audition fee (waived for any workshop attendants)
Auditioners are required to prepare 16 bars of a musical theatre song. Sheet music in the correct key is required. No accompaniment tracks or a capella will be allowed.
Auditioners should arrive in dance attire with jazz shoes and be prepared to learn a dance combination.
Competition is not a guaranteed opportunity to all selected members of the Team. Access Broadway is the only vocal competition available to us. This is usually in Biloxi in January/February.
Groups and Solos are chosen by following criteria: Attendance, Technical Progress, Attitude, Artistic Expression, Applies Corrections
If dancers are chosen for a Group or Solo, additional fees will apply. Additional training and supplies (conventions, choreography, private lessons, costumes) are not included in the team fee.