The Dance Project Company is a training company designed for the serious dancer. The purpose of this company is to provide young artists ages 9-18 additional technique classes, master classes, private lessons, and performance opportunities in order to hone their skills in ballet, jazz, and contemporary dance technique. The Company will train throughout the year, perform in various venues in the area, and be recognized in the community as representatives of The Dance Project.
The Dance Project Company is NOT a competition team. Our focus is not on competition, trophies, or ratings. Our focus is on TRAINING - helping company dancers to become the strongest and most competent dancers and artists that they can be.
· Students will be required to audition for membership in the Company.
· Auditioners should be, at least, 9 years of age by October 31st, 2017.
· Auditioners will be required to attend our Dancer Intensive June 19-23. A discounted rate for the intensive will be offered for auditioners only.
· Company members should make this program a priority above all other extracurriculars.
· Exclusive enrollment at The Dance Project.
· Enrollment in summer ballet class in either July or August.
· Enrollment in ballet and conditioning in the fall.
· Attendance to two approved dance conventions.
· Attendance to all master classes.
· Compliance to Company attendance policies.
· Strict adherence to studio dress code and policies.
· Uphold The Dance Project’s standards of etiquette and behavior.
· 2.5 grade average.
50% off private lessons, discounted master classes (included in fees), discounted apparel
3-PART AUDITION PROCESS:
1. Dancer Intensive- June 19-23 10:00am-5:00pm
Auditioners will be initially evaluated by guest teachers during this intensive week.
2. Solo Audition- Friday, June 23 5:00pm
Audtitioners should arrive dressed appropriately with a prepared dance solo in a ballet, contemporary or jazz style. The solo should not exceed one minute. Choreography can be a recital piece excerpt or student choreographed. Dancers should bring music on ipod, iphone or cd with correct edit, if any.
3. Group Audition- Saturday, June 24
Ages 9-11 10:00am Ages 12 & up 1:00pm
Auditioners should arrive in black leotard and black tights. No hot shorts allowed. Ballet and jazz shoes will be required. Auditioners will be taught a ballet barre, jazz progressions and contemporary choreography during the audition.
*Auditioners do not yet need to be registered for The Dance Project fall season in order to audition.
Competition is not a guaranteed opportunity to all selected members of the Company.
Solos will not be offered to first year company members.
Groups and Solos are chosen by following criteria: Attendance, Technical Progress, Attitude, Artistic Expression, Applies Corrections.
If dancers are chosen for a Group or Solo, additional fees will apply. Additional training and supplies (conventions, extra choreography, private lessons, solo costumes, extra rehearsal uniform) are not included in the base fee.